We understand that barriers to attendance are complex, and that some pupils find it harder than others to attend school; therefore, we will continue to prioritise cultivating a safe and supportive environment at school, as well as strong and trusting relationships with pupils and parents.Naburn CE Primary School Attendance and Absence Policy
You can find our full Attendance and Absence Policy on the Policies and Documents page.
After the complications of Covid timetables, bubbles and limited opportunities for parents to join us in school, we are pleased that from September 2022 we have been able to safely have a much more ‘normal’ looking school day!
Timings of the School Day
- We open the school gates to all our children each morning at 8:45. Please make sure that your child is present and in class by 8:55 so that we can get on with all our exciting learning!
- There is a playtime for all children, between 11:00 and 11:20.
- Lessons then continue from 11:20 to 12:15.
- The children have a break for lunch (and to play!) from 12:15 to 1:15. You can find information about lunch and our school dinner menus here.
- We than have more leaning time, from 1:15 to 2:55. The children in Acorn Class sometimes have an afternoon playtime, when their teachers feel it is appropriate.
- At 2:55 each day, our school comes together for our daily act of collective worship. You can read more about this here. On Thursdays this is usually a celebration assembly and we invite parents and carers to join us.
- 3:15 each day is hometime – although children may take part in extra curricular clubs and activities!
- Click here to find out about our after school club provision.
School Opening Times and Compulsory School Hours
School is open for pupils from 8.45am-3.15pm (32.5hrs per week). The official register time is 8.55am (compulsory hours of 31.66 per week) and the children should be in school, ready to learn, for 8.55am at the latest.