- Naburn really is a small school with big ideas!
- We are proud of our test results, but also our broad curriculum too, especially our music, PE and art
- We have an After School Club, run by school, on site
- We have a ‘future forest’ which we visit at least once a week
- We are proud of our lovely old building (built in 1872) and all the history it holds
- We have small classes, so our teachers know the children really well. In fact we are just like one big, happy family!
- Situated in the heart of the community, we strongly value our links with the local Church and the wider community
- Our positive school vision, values and aims are at the heart of all we do
We currently have a small number of places available in some year groups, including Reception. If you would like find out more about our fantastic school please contact us.
Will your child start reception in September 2022?
You should apply for your child to start primary or infant school in the school year your child turns 4 so for entry into Reception in the September 2022 school year, children will have been born between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018. Please do get in touch if you would like to have a tour and find out more about us!
How to apply
Admissions to Naburn Primary School are dealt with by the admissions team at the City of York, as the admissions authority for our school.
- Details of all admissions policies for 2022-2023 that apply in the City of York can be found here
- The City of York Council Admissions Policy for entry this year, 2021-2022, can be downloaded here
- The City of York Council Policy for Admission to Reception in Community and Voluntary
Controlled Primary and Infant Schools in September 2022 can be downloaded here
- Naburn CE Primary School Admissions Policy
- For information on requesting a place in year groups other than Reception please see the admissions team page about “in-year applications”
Please read the Guide for Parents when applying for a school place, as it contains key information on school admissions. Please note that we anticipate an updated 2020 Guide for Parents will be published by City of York council soon. You can also find the Guide to School Catchment Areas online. We also advise you to keep checking on the City of York Council Admissions site to keep updated with key dates throughout the year.
If you can’t apply online you can request a paper Primary Application Form by calling 01904 551 554. Forms are also distributed to primary schools and nurseries in the York area.
This year’s Admissions Consultation is being jointly held by all admissions authorities in the City of York between 4th October and 14th November 2021. The consultation includes the admissions policies and planned number of places available at each school in the year(s) of entry.
All documents can be found in their draft (pre-determined) form at https://www.york.gov.uk/AdmissionsConsultation
The views of parent/carers, schools and other interested parties are being sought during this consultation.
To respond, parents/carers can email email@example.com or complete the short survey at https://www.york.gov.uk/AdmissionsConsultation or at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Admissions23-24PC
Following the consultation, each admission authority will formally set (‘determine’) their admission arrangements for admission in 2023-24 by 28th February 2022. Determined policies will be on the City of York Council website by 15th March 2022 after which objections can be raised.
All documents can be found in their draft (pre-determined) form at https://www.york.gov.uk/AdmissionsConsultation. If you require a paper copy of the document or survey you can request this from firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 551554