PLEASE could families make sure that all uniform and PE kit is clearly labelled with your child’s name – thank you!
Naburn CE Primary School believes that school uniform promotes the ethos of the school and provides a sense of belonging and identity for all pupils. We want to ensure a consistent, fair and inclusive uniform policy, and to implement a uniform that reflects the needs of all pupils, and is affordable and the best value for money for the school and pupils’ families. We believe that pupils learn most effectively and achieve their best outcomes when they are comfortable, able to be themselves, and dressed in such a way that sets an appropriate tone for education.
Our uniform consists of:
- Red sweatshirt, red hoodie or red cardigan (with optional school logo)
- Red polo shirt (with optional school logo)
- Grey or black trousers or grey or black skirt
- Red gingham summer dress
- Sensible, plain black shoes
- Black school socks/tights
- School bag – an appropriately sized waterproof bag to carry their books and equipment, including A4-sized work books, comfortably without causing any damage.
School bags featuring inappropriate images, slogans or phrases are not permitted.
Our PE Kit
- Plain black shorts or black joggers (with no branding or logos from professional sports teams)
- Plain white t-shirt (with optional logo/with no branding or logos from professional sports teams)
- Suitable trainers/plimsolls
- Suitable sports footwear, e.g. football boots
Families can buy items without logos from a range of regular retailers. The school also holds second-hand school uniforms in the school office for parents to access; access to these uniforms is available upon request made to the headteacher. Families are invited to donate their child’s uniform when they no longer need it.
Our current school uniform supplier is Nextgen Clothing & Schoolshop, who are based in Elvington. Uniform items such as sweatshirts, cardigans and polo shirts embroidered with the school logo, a range of optional items such as fleeces and book bags, and other items such as PE kits, trousers, skirts and dresses can be ordered online at https://school-shop.co.uk/school/naburn-ce-primary-school/.
You can read our full School Uniform Policy on our Policies & Documents page.