Weekly learning is put on Seesaw/Google Classroom.Teachers will be looking at their Seesaw pages regularly so please encourage your child to use this communication tool and to post their work on there.
The children also have a log in for Purple Mash and Times Tables Rock Stars, which can be accessed at home, and we have also purchased a subscription to White Rose Maths https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
The DfE has developed a range of resources to further support schools and families during this time. There are daily lessons for every subject on Bitesize, resources for every subject and year group on the Oak National Academy site and phonics videos on the Letters and Sounds Youtube channel – just click the pictures below to go to these sites.
Why not try “PE with Joe”? Every day from Monday to Friday at 9am Joe Wicks (aka The Body Coach) will be live streaming a fun-packed workout for you to join in with – possibly the biggest PE lesson you’ll ever join in with! And if you miss the live broadcast they will all be added to a playlist here.
Each week in school, we use a resource called Picture News for one of our Collective Worships. It is a super resource, based on recent news and always has one big question to make us all think. Every week, with our school newsletter, we are sending home ideas to use at home and there is also a new video each week. Have a look and discuss it with your child http://www.vimeo.com/channels/picturenews
Here are some STEM activities which you could do, which one of our governors and her colleagues at STEM have put together. They that can be completed without technology, on the most part, and with few resources.
The Diocese of York also has a Coronavirus page and lots of ideas for home learning.
A number of educational websites are currently offering free access to their online resources to help families to support their children’s learning at home. They may help to keep your children busy!
- Classroom Secrets https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
- These packs are split into different year groups and include activities linked to reading, writing, maths and practical ideas you can do around the home.
- Twinkl https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
- Twinkl are offering 30 days free access to families – click on the link and sign up using your own email address and creating your own password and use the offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS
- NumberFun https://parent.numberfunportal.com/
- This says “To support children’s mathematical learning through this period of self-isolation and school closures we’ve decided to offer ALL parents completely FREE access to our Number Fun Parent Portal for 30 days”
- Super Hero story to share with your child stay at home superheroes
We will add any new resources that we find and think you might enjoy to this page.